Aeronautical Society of India
- Published on 04 July 2009
The society was founded on December 27, 1948 with an aim to increase the awareness on aerospace science in India. The Honorable prime minister of India is the chief patron of the society. The society has branches all over India.
- To promote the advancement and dissemination of knowledge of Aeronautical and Aerospace Sciences / Technologies.
- To strive for the elevation of Aeronautical and Aerospace profession.
The society has many programs to achieve the objectives stated above. Some of them are,
- Fraternization amongst professionals.
- Enrolls individuals, Institutions & Industries are members. - Conducts examinations in aeronautical engineering equivalent to a degree from an Indian University.
- Publishes a Quarterly International Journal & monthly E-news.
- Encourages Indian authors to write books on aeronautical/aerospace subjects.
- Encourages young professionals to participate in International Conferences.
- Confers Awards of Excellence.
- Conducts Annual Essay Competitions for Students/Scientists/Engineers.- Provides a platform for Industry - R&D - Academic interaction.
- Participates with the Governmentin the formulation of policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Recognized by Government of India
- Eligible to appear for Gate, to pursue for post graduate studies
- Recognized by the Engineering Council, London UK
Eligibility for Associate Membership Examination
Pass in 10+2 stream with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics (50% marks or more in each subject).
- Companies/ Industries/ Institutions get a platform for interaction, business promotion and technical exchange.
- Receive a Journal copy (on option), E-news.
- Can participate in the technical activities organized by the branches including annual general meeting.
- Get concessional registration of selected seminars/conferences. - Students get assistance for training, placement etc.
- An opportunity to share knowledge and promote aeronautical and aerospace activities.
Please visit the society’s official website to know more details.